When I get my hands on Murphy....

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hard to believe.....

I can't believe that this is the same young boy who, it seems just yesterday, was telling me that a bra might bring him superhero powers. Perhaps I should explain.....

When BB was about 5 we were shopping in Wal-Mart and I was looking in the "lingerie" department for a new bra. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed he would occasionally, very sheepishly, reach out and feel the fabric of one as I moved down the aisle.

After about the third time, I caught his eye and he blushed. I said, "Gee, BB, do you LIKE them?"

"Yeah, mom, they're kinda cool."

"Oh, really? Would you like me to buy you one?" Now, mind you I am fully expecting him to give me a dirty look and loudly proclaim his disgust at my suggestion. Instead, I hear.....

"Sure....I think it would make me feel powerful!

Do I need to mention how relieved I am that he is playing football and is not in ballet?

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He would be a good dancer too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home