When I get my hands on Murphy....

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Beauty Everlasting


It will never matter how many times I get the opportunity to see the Salt Lake Temple, it will ALWAYS take my breath away.

After my last entry, not even an hour later, a trip to Utah was conceived and coordinated with my Uncle from University Place, WA. So I spent the next few hours running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get things in place to take a trip in the morning. I managed to accomplish miracles that afternoon. LOL. And so, Thursday morning (yesterday) we hit the road for Salt Lake City. We are staying at a hotel in Layton. The boys have been having a blast in the swimming pool. And, we are braving Lagoon tomorrow.....our first ever trip to "Frightmares." We are all really looking forward to it. Well, some of us more than others. LOL. At least it won't be 112 degrees out tomorrow. In fact, it may even be raining, I hope not.

Today we spent at the Conference Center and at Temple Square. I had never taken the tour inside the new Conference Center. . . it is amazing. Especially since we just watched General Conference a few short days ago.

The view from the roof is amazing. Then we crossed the street and spent some time at Temple Square. This is the first time in my life that I've been there when it wasn't the middle of summer. . . and it is STILL breathtaking! One of these days I'm going to come down at Christmas and see all the lights. I hear it is beautiful.

Well, since I am literally going on Night#5 without more than 2 hours of sleep, I think I will try to get a little rest before heading off to Lagoon in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to download some of our pictures from this trip on here. . .Hey sis, you need to show me how to transfer to your new site that cooperates with you!

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the best of times

 

Post a Comment

<< Home