When I get my hands on Murphy....

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Too Cute


LB lost his first tooth Saturday morning! It had been loose for about 4 days. He was learning how to do tricks with it with his tongue. He was so excited and wouldn't let me near it, as he was convinced I would yank it out. (Go figure!)

Saturday morning he came running into my room as excited as I had ever seen him. "Mommy, it came out, it came out!!" He held it up proudly for me to see.

The day was spent looking for the "lost tooth" off and on as he couldn't seem to leave it alone. About 10 p.m. he comes into my bathroom where I am brushing my teeth. "Mommy, oh Mommy........it dropped down the garbage disposal!!" "What dropped down the garbage disposal honey?" "My tooth! I was trying to rinse it off because I dropped it on the floor and I wanted to make it shiny and clean for the Tooth Fairy! Can you get it? Can you puhleeeease get it Mommy?"

Ok, think quick. What if you can't retrieve it? He will be forever crushed. Losing his first tooth (twice, lol). Down the garbage disposal of all places. (It was bad enough when we lost our frog down there, another story, another time.) So, I quickly went to my jewelry box where I have kept BB's first lost tooth for the past few years, waiting to put it in his baby book someday. I hid it in between my fingers on my left hand to magically produce a tooth in the event that LB's tooth had washed on down the drain. Luckily, I didn't have to do that. His tiny little tooth was sitting within view at the bottom of the disposal. I reached my hand down inside to try to get it out and I thought BB and LB were going to have a coronary!! "Mom, don't do it, it's just a tooth! It's not worth losing your hand over!!" How sweet I thought, just stay away from the switch!

I successfully rescued the tooth, rinsed it off, dried it, and put it back in the baggie he had been carting around all day. After all that drama, guess who fell asleep before he put it under his pillow? I think I was more disappointed than he was. I tried waking him up, put the baggie in his hand and guided his hand under his pillow to deposit the baggie. I'm sure he won't remember how it wound up under his pillow, but he will always remember that the Tooth Fairy came and he was very happy.

Whew! Next............

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Cassie said...

Haha, that is the cutest thing ever. Moments like that almost make me want to have kids now...But then again, they really dont.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home