When I get my hands on Murphy....

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.....

Well, this is the second time we've had to celebrate your birthday without you........ I think of all the things you've missed since you left so abruptly -- BB's baptism, BB's basketball, football and baseball games, LB's first day of first grade, his first attempt at sports (T-ball) ......birthdays, school programs, Easter egg hunts, Christmas trees, the pumpkin patch, and the infamous fight for the leg on Turkey day. I didn't even make parkerhouse rolls this year because you weren't here to enjoy them. (20 other people would have, but it just didn't seem the same.)

Dang it Dad, I miss you. The boys miss you. Not a day has gone by yet that they haven't remembered you in some sweet way. Like you dancing a jig in your new Scooby Doo boxers at Christmas. Or how handsome you always looked in your Sunday best. We can even remember how you always smelled by stealing a sniff from one of your old cologne bottles Grandma handed down.......

It's selfish, I know, but what I wouldn't give to have you back. You were taken so very suddenly from us......no chance for good-byes or I love you's. I guess I always thought you would live forever, even though you had been sick for 25 years. It just wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Happy Birthday Daddy. I love you. I miss you. I hope there are burgers in Heaven........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home