When I get my hands on Murphy....

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Give Me a "T" . . .


LB came home from school the other day boasting about his new accomplishments for the day. I guess in his advanced time with a teacher's assistant in class, he has been learning sign language. He proceeded to show me various letters, words and phrases. He was soooo proud of himself! Then it happened. . ."Mom, look, this one is a T" . . . . I look down at his fist which is prominently displayed in front of me with his thumb between his middle and ring finger. I could not keep a straight face. I'm not certain about the accuracy of this, but I was always taught that this gesture was the sign language way of giving someone the bird, the big fliperoonie, the one-finger salute. He was disgusted with my laughter. I quickly bent down to his ear and whispered to him why I was caught off guard. His face turned beet-red as I showed him the correct gesture for the letter "T."

I doubt I will ever be able to listen to another cheerleader start with "Give me a T" again without bursting into laughter the rest of my life. Poor Kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home