When I get my hands on Murphy....

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Goodbye Aunt Jo

This morning (October 20th) I received one of those phone calls.

My dear Aunt Georgia passed away this morning at 7:30 a.m. She has been ill for years, but was recently doing better. One of those things where it isn't a big surprise, but was very unexpected to me. I didn't even know she had been back in the hospital again. I guess her liver had finally had enough. Funny thing is I haven't talked to them for a long time, but at 3:30 this morning had tried to send them an e-mail (a link to this blog so they could keep abreast of the kid's activities) and it came back to me as undeliverable. Probably for the best considering the timing it would have been received in.

I'll always remember Aunt Jo for her laughter, her ability to make any one feel at home, and her cheery outlook on life. She was a sweet person and I always hoped I would be like her when I grew up. Visits from Jim & Jo were always looked forward to with great anticipation. It always meant there would be an evening full of laughs and good times. Jim lovingly referred to my 2 sons as "the little Turks."

God bless you and keep you till we meet again Aunt Jo. You will be missed. Try not to get into too much trouble with Dad, ok? I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home